"Substitute 'damn' every time you're inclined to write 'very'; your editor will delete it and the writing will be just as it should be." -- Mark Twain
Every week, two new topics will be introduced, and you will have one week to write some manner of short fiction about it. Anything--well, almost anything--is acceptable. No fan fiction, please.
1. New themes will be posted every Sunday, you will have until the following Monday to post a story for one of the themes.
2. You must post regularly. Your stories will default as members only, so they are safe from the prying eyes of non-members. I will not require that everyone post every week, but if you haven't posted or commented in a month, you might be removed to keep the list from building up with lurkers.
3. You are encouraged to read and comment on other member's stories. It's just polite and will help the community thrive.
4. Criticism to a story is only acceptable if it is requested from the writer. Otherwise, say something nice and move on. If you crit something, try to stay positive.
6. Feel free to write a story about any previous theme if you don't like the one presented. But remember, the challenge is in writing a story about a theme you don't like, so don't shy away just because it doesn't initially inspire you.
7. Be funny, be sincere, be poignant, or not. Have a good time. Respect others' writing styles.
Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding the group, otherwise, join up and start writing!